Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Lost File...

Ok, so, I get a call from one of my favorite idiots.
Idiot: "I've was working on my file all day yesterday and now it's not there!
Me: "Ok, where was the file?"
Idiot: "Hmmm, I don't remember."
Me: "Allright, I can search for it on the network, what was it called?"
Idiot: "...not quite sure..."
Me: "What program did you make it in?"
Idiot: "uh..... Windows?"
Me: "So, you would like me to restore a file without knowing anyhing about it?"
Idiot: "C'mon, just restore everything. You can do that right?"
Me: "Um....no. I'm not going to do that. Please call me back when you remember anything about the file you were working on. I cannot do anything until then."
Later, she does call me back and now remembers the name of the file.
Idiot: "Can you restore it now?"
After a quick search on her network drive, I see she has it buried like 8 folders deep on the network.
Me: "Your file is still there, you saved it in (folder name) ."
Idiot: "Oh my god that's right! I remember I put it there so no one else could fint it."
Me: "Good job."
Idiot: "How did you find it?"
Me: "I looked for it."
Idiot: "Oh, (sounding defeated) thanks..."
'click''

3 comments:

  1. You would think she would be embarrassed to even ask if she had no clue what she was doing. Jeez...

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can raise atlantis right? i mean i'm not a computer programmmer, but you can do that right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are waaaaay to many morons out there. Such a waste of space and air. I think the IT dept could be a good filter for the dead wood at any company. If they can't operate a PC, they shouldn't work there. IT is the only dept that gets to see how dumb people are.

    ReplyDelete